All rules from the AT&T Metroplex High School Hockey League are enforced during the Summer with the following exceptions/additions/changes:
- No Pass-No Play is NOT Enforced
- Top 4 teams in each division participate in the playoffs
- Players may be double rostered and will not be frozen no matter how many games they play
- Players who played Varsity, (7 games or more), in previous Fall/Winter seasons may not play JV this summer.
- JV players must be incoming 7th -10th grade only (minimum 2005 birth year) Exceptions will be made for goalies and female players on a case by case basis.
- Varsity players must be incoming 8th-12th grade only
- 2018 graduates and/or Seniors from 17-18 are NOT permitted to participate.
- Players may only play on one team in the summer playoffs and must play 5 of the 10 regular season games to be playoff eligible. (Special accommodation will be made for goalies on a case by case basis)
- Players wishing to play High School Hockey and attend a school that does not have a team must contact the league for placement. Clubs may not register/roster players that are not part of their attendance area.
- Varsity-13 minute periods-tied games at the end of regulation will be decided by a 3-man shootout. If tied after 3- shooters then each round becomes sudden-death with both teams attempting a shot in each round.
- JV-12 minute periods-tied games at the end of regulation will be decided by a 3-man shootout. If tied after 3- shooters then each round becomes sudden-death with both teams attempting a shot in each round.
- Teams must turn in a line-up card to the scorekeeper prior to each game indicating the players participating in that game. Line up cards can be printed from the league web site.
- Each team will be allowed one, 1-minute timeout per game.